Its been quite sometime CoolPad Note 5 went up for sale on Amazon. We were using the phone for quite sometime now and here is our hands on review. The phone has got a lot many features with a price tag of Rs. 10,999 only. If you are looking for a budget phone with all the major features, probably you should have a look into this phone. It’s indeed a beast at this price.
A Glance at Coolpad Note 5 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD fully laminated display, scratch-resistant glass for protection
- 1.5GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 617 processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 64GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with Cool UI 8.0
- 13MP rear camera with dual LED flash, 5P lens, f/2.2 aperture, CMOS sensor, 1080p video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 80.1-degree wide-angle lens, LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 152×75.7×8.85mm; Weight: 173.4g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG
- 4010mAh battery
The Design is a premium one with Aluminium Unibody Metal Design and it has got invisible touch. The screen is 5.5 inch in width and it’s scratch resistant. It has got 8MP front facing camera alongside an LED flash, which should help in capturing photos, even in low light. The phone has got a very smooth finish and despite it’s 5.5 inch screen, you feel comfortable holding the phone.
- The main camera(i.e on the back), is 13MP and has got double flash LED following the shift in trends of smartphones. Along with that, there is a finger print scanner which remains on, even when the screen is turned off.
We have tested the camera at different lights and the performance has been pretty good. Of course there is a lot of room for improvement, but at this price we think this is certainly to the mark.
Rear Camera comes at 13MP with dual LED flash which allows you to captures beautiful photos at even low lights. Camera settings are also interesting, you can switch switch resolutions between a 13MP 4:3 mode, 10MP 16:9 and a 10MP 1:1 mode.
- The front camera is 8MP with an LED flash which should capture good selfies even at low light, just like the rear camera.
Battery life has became a crucial element to address before buying a smartphones these days due to the increased usage of mobile phone. CoolPad Note 5 comes with 4010mAh battery which lasts for about 2 days on regular usage and should easily last for a day when charged full at a higher usage.
Why should you go for it?
- Budget phone with covering almost all the features for regular usage.
- Good battery life.
- Excellent display and sleek design.
- At this price, even the Camera is compelling.
How to buy?
The phone is currently open for sale on Amazon at a price of just Rs. 10,999. Currently, it’s available in two colors, i.e Royal Gold and Space Grey. Visit Coolpad Note 5 official website for more details about the mobile.